Terms of Service
Welcome to Soul Flix!
Through the website SoulFlix.com, Soul Flix provides an internet-based subscription service to our members allowing access to certain television episodes, short and feature-length movies and additional video content ("Content"). The Content is streamed over the Internet to member’s computers or internet-connected televisions or television devices, when available ("Soul Flix-ready devices").
If you are a resident of the United States (including its possessions and territories), you agree to the Arbitration Agreement and class action waiver described in Section 14 to resolve any disputes with Soul Flix (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court).
- Communication Preferences
- The Soul Flix service is provided by eSalt Media Technologies, LLC.
By using the Soul Flix service, you consent to receiving electronic communications from Soul Flix relating to your account. These communications may involve sending emails to your email address provided during registration, or posting communications on the Soul Flix service, or in the "Account" page and will include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, change in password or Payment Choice, confirmation e-mails and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with Soul Flix. You agree that any notice, agreements, disclosure or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. You also consent to receiving certain other communications from Soul Flix, such as newsletters, special offers, member surveys and promotional announcements via email or other methods. Please review our for further detail on our marketing communications.
5. Soul Flix Service
- The Soul Flix service, and any content viewed through our service, is for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your Soul Flix membership, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Soul Flix service and view Content through the service on a streaming-only basis for that purpose. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest is or shall be transferred to you.
- You may view Content through the Soul Flix service only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such Content. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location. Soul Flix will use technologies to verify your geographic location. YOUR PAYMENT FOR AND USE OF SOUL FLIX SERVICES ENTITLES YOU TO WATCH ON ONE UNIQUE, AUTHORIZED SOUL FLIX READY DEVICE AT ANY GIVEN TIME. The number of devices available for use and the simultaneous streams may change from time to time at our discretion without notice.
- We continually update the Soul Flix service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotional features, availability of Content, and delivery and pricing. We reserve the right to, and by using our service you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we offer and operate our service.
- The availability of Content to watch will change from time to time. The quality of the display of the streaming Content may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. Soul Flix makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin watching Content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the Content you have selected and the configuration of your Soul Flix ready device.
- Soul Flix streaming software is developed by, or for, Soul Flix and is designed to enable streaming of content from Soul Flix through Soul Flix ready devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. BY USING OUR SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO End User License Agreement AND TO RECEIVE, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR PROMPTING, UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE SOUL FLIX AND RELATED THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE FOREGOING TERMS, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICE. WE DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OR OTHERWISE WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE DEVICES, INCLUDING THE CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY OF THE DEVICE WITH OUR SERVICE. By using our service, you agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured and/or sold you the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the Soul Flix service. If your Soul Flix ready device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the Soul Flix ready device. If you fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may access the Soul Flix service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information.
6. Membership, Billing and Cancellationa. Membership
- Perpetual Membership. Your Soul Flix membership, will continue month-to-month or annually (if you chose an annual subscription) unless and until you cancel your membership or we terminate it. You must have Internet access and provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment (as such may be updated from time to time, "Payment Choice") to use the Soul Flix service. We will bill the monthly or annual membership fee to your Payment Choice. You must cancel your membership before it renews each month (or year in the case or an annual subscription) in order to avoid billing of the next month's (or year’s) membership fees to your Payment Choice.
- Recurring Billing. By beginning your Soul Flix membership, you authorize us to charge you a recurring monthly or annual membership fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the Soul Flix service to your Payment Choice. You acknowledge that the amount billed each month or year may vary from month to month or year to year for reasons that may include differing amounts due to changing or adding a plan, and you authorize us to charge your Payment Choice for such varying amounts, which may be billed monthly or annually in one or more charges. If your location requires tax to be collected, we will collect and submit accordingly.
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members ("credits"). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide other members credits in the future, under any circumstance.
- Payment Choices. You may edit your Payment Choice information by visiting our website and clicking on the "Account" link, available at the top of the pages of the Soul Flix website. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Choice information or cancel your account (see, "Cancellation" below), you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Choice, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Choices, the issuer of your Payment Choice may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Choice service provider for details.
- Cancellation. You may cancel your Soul Flix membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Soul Flix service through the end of your monthly or annual billing period. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL-MONTH OR PARTIAL-YEAR MEMBERSHIP PERIODS OR UNWATCHED CONTENT. To cancel, go to the "Account" page on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation.
7. Gift Cards
- Gift Cards are not refundable (whether for cash or otherwise), except to the extent required by applicable law in the jurisdiction of your residence. Use of the Gift Card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other Gift Cards, and cannot be reloaded, or resold. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply. Gift Cards do not expire and are not subject to any transaction fees.
- Gift Cards may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or other promotional activities without SoulFlix.com’s prior written approval. Use of SoulFlix.com’s name, logo, trade dress, or trademarks in connection with the purchase or use of the Gift Cards is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, the use of Gift Cards in any manner that states or implies that any person, firm, corporation, website, business, product, or service is endorsed, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with, SoulFlix.com is prohibited without SoulFlix.com’s prior written approval.
- Upon purchase, title to the purchased Gift Cards, along with the risk of loss, destruction, or deterioration, transfers to the purchaser or any valid transferee who holds the applicable Gift Cards. As such, SoulFlix.com is not responsible for any Gift Cards that are lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without your permission. IN THE EVENT A GIFT CARD IS NON- FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, WILL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF the GIFT CARD.
- SoulFlix.com may also issue Promotional Gift Cards, other cards, and gift codes (“Promotional Cards”). Promotional Cards are not subject to these Terms, may be issued or distributed by SoulFlix.com’s partners, and may be subject to an expiration date and other conditions, as specified on the Promotional Cards or in related promotional materials.
8. Passwords & Account Access
- The member who created the Soul Flix account and whose Payment Choice is charged is referred to here as the Account Owner. The Account Owner has access and control over the Soul Flix account. The Account Owner's control is exercised through use of the Account Owner's password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting Soul Flix Customer Service and potentially altering the Account Owner's control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Choice details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the Soul Flix service, Soul Flix implements technology that enables us to recognize you as the Account Owner and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Soul Flix service, which includes accessing via Soul Flix ready devices or website.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the Soul Flix website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. Soul Flix reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. Soul Flix is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by either a representative of Soul Flix or by the automated processes of Soul Flix.
9. Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability
a. THE SOUL FLIX SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SOUL FLIX SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. SOUL FLIX DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SOUL FLIX SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOUL FLIX SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF APPLICATIONS, SOUL FLIX READY DEVICES, AND SOUL FLIX SOFTWARE (INCLUDING THEIR CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY WITH OUR SERVICE).
- TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL SOUL FLIX, OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR ANY OF THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Intellectual Property
- Copyright. The Soul Flix service, including all content provided on the Soul Flix service, is protected by United States and international copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Trademarks. Soul Flix is a registered trademark of eSalt Media Technologies, LLC.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you believe your work has been reproduced or distributed in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material available through the Soul Flix service, please contact our Customer Service immediately at 1-844-Soul Flix or using the Soul Flix Support link at the bottom right of the Soul Flix website home page.
11. Governing Law
- You may also be entitled to certain consumer protection rights under the laws of your local jurisdiction.
12. Applications. In the future, you may come across third-party applications (including, without limitation, websites, widgets, software, or other software utilities) ("Application(s)") that interact with the Soul Flix service. These Applications may import data related to your Soul Flix account and activity and otherwise gather data from you. These Applications are provided solely as a convenience to you, and Soul Flix is not responsible for such Applications. SUCH APPLICATIONS ARE OWNED OR OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO WITH OR SPONSORED BY SOUL FLIX AND MAY NOT BE AUTHORIZED FOR USE WITH OUR SERVICE. USE OF AN APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN OPTION AND RISK.
13. Customer Support. If you need assistance with your account, click on the "Help" link in the bottom left corner of our website home page at any time. There you will find answers to common frequently asked questions and information on reaching a
14. Use of Information Submitted. Soul Flix is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us ("Feedback"), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the Soul Flix service, including the Soul Flix website and user interfaces, without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Soul Flix service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any "moral rights" in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Please note Soul Flix is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted unsolicited to Soul Flix. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against Soul Flix and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
15. Arbitration Agreement
- If you elect to seek arbitration or file a small claim court action, you must first send to Soul Flix, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim ("Notice"). The Notice to Soul Flix must be addressed to: General Counsel, eSalt Media Technologies, LLC, 18940 N. Pima Road, Suite 110, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 ("Notice Address"). If Soul Flix initiates arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your membership account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by Soul Flix, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If Soul Flix and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Soul Flix may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court.
c. You may download or copy a form Notice and a form to initiate arbitration at www.adr.org. If you are required to pay a filing fee, after Soul Flix receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, Soul Flix will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for greater than US$10,000, in which event you will be responsible for filing fees.
- The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by this Agreement, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and Forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778- 7879, or by writing to the Notice Address. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including issues relating to the scope and enforceability of this arbitration agreement. Unless Soul Flix and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your residence.
- If your claim is for US$10,000 or less, we agree that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds US$10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. If the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of Soul Flix’s last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected (or if Soul Flix did not make a settlement offer before an arbitrator was selected), then Soul Flix will pay you the amount of the award or US$1,000, whichever is greater. Except as expressly set forth herein, the payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
- YOU AND SOUL FLIX AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Soul Flix agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim.
Last updated: August 09, 2019